NCP is currently seeking applications for the position of Project Coordinator (4 year fixed term contract) for Migrant Access Programme (MAP), a newly set-up service delivered nationwide in partnership with Mendicity Institution, funded through ESF PEIL Programmes, aiming to empower unemployed migrants by assessing their needs and providing them with a “Toolkit” to outline their career future in the Irish Labour Market (ILM)
- To identify and assess the employment needs of migrants/participants
- To equip participants with necessary knowledge and skills to access ILM
- To empower participants to access mainstream service available to them
- To create awareness on the rights and entitlements in accessing ILM and supports available to them – nationwide information trainings
MAP main office will be in Dublin with the courses/workshops being delivered in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Waterford and Tralee on specific locations and dates.
Some of the key duties of the role include:
- Under the guidance of NCP CEO, work with Mendicity trainers in implementing agreed employment and training support plans for migrant participants.
- Assist in organising and delivering planned training and information workshops organised in Dublin and other locations nationwide.
- Assist Mendicity trainers in identifying and scheduling of training courses for migrant participants in Dublin and other locations nationwide.
- Assist migrant participants using the tools/information received during participation in the training provided to ensure they receive the level of support required to complete the courses.
- Liaise with the relevant agencies to motivate and encourage migrants to participate in courses and training, one-to-one sessions, preparation for work etc.
- Assist in motivating and encouraging migrant participants to take part in programmes and information workshops planned in Dublin and other locations nationwide.
- Travelling outside Dublin to identify, support and liaise with participants at specific locations (Cork, Limerick, Galway, Waterford)
Ideal Candidates should have:
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in a community development setting
- Very good understanding and knowledge of migrant challenges in Ireland
- Excellent Interpersonal, Communication, Facilitation and IT skills
- Experience of project co-ordination (project planning, reporting, budget)
- Problem solving/decision making/initiative skills
- Manage challenging situations appropriately
- Experience of working in partnership with statutory, community and voluntary agencies.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise workload and work under pressure
- The flexibility of travelling/working outside Dublin
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: €31,600 per year
New Communities Partnership is committed to equality of opportunity.
Candidates should send a copy of their CV accompanied by a cover letter outlining their relevant skills and experience and their motivation and interest in the job by email to email@example.com indicating “NCP MAP PC - ESF application” in the email title.
Closing date for receipt of CVs and cover letters is Friday 17th March 2017 @ 5pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held in the week of 20th of March 2017.
This project is funded through ESF PEIL Programmes, co-funded by the Irish Government and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020.